Summer brings hot days, fresh produce, and family trips. While there are easy snacks to grab off the grocery store shelf, it is always nice to be able to make a quick snack from your own kitchen. I made a list of 10 snacks that you can throw together faster than a popsicle melts on the sidewalk.
- A spoonful of peanut butter and a handful of chocolate chips. If you don’t have any peanut butter cups in the house, this is a fun way to have a quick treat.
2. Cheese and crackers. We always had this snack growing up. We often added a little mayonnaise too.
3. Apples and fruit dip. There are so many recipes for easy fruit dip and it’s an easy way to get more fruit into your busy kids.
4. PBJB- Peanut butter and jelly banana sandwiches. I love replacing the bread with banana slices. It’s a fun way to spice up a classic snack.
5. Veggies and hummus. It’s a satisfying snack with plenty of protein, healthy fats, and fiber.
6. Fruit and cheese. This snack always makes me feel fancy!
7. Yogurt and fruit popsicles. It makes a popular favorite a bit healthier!
8. A handful of chocolate chips and raisins. This is a snack that my grandma and mom passed down, and I have always loved it too!
9. Pears and cottage cheese. It’s a simple way to get a sweet treat and some protein.
10. Popcorn. It is easy to make and you can store it for a quick snack later.
I hope these snack ideas gave you a little inspiration and help you spend less time making snacks and more time with family and friends!