I’m sure we have all met at least one person that says “Yeah, I’m lactose-intolerant but I eat whatever I want anyway.”
Ummm….are y’all ok?
For me, the symptoms of lactose intolerance are not easy to ignore. I definitely feel it if I eat something I shouldn’t!
For those of you that eat whatever you want anyway… Here’s a quick list of why you should consider NOT doing that.
1. There are lactase chewables, tablets, powders, and liquid drops all at your disposal. These enzymes make life so much easier and less painful. Why wouldn’t you take advantage of them? (Not using them doesn’t make you any cooler- just gassier.)
2. Spend less time in the bathroom. If you know… You know. Nobody wants to watch a full season of a Netflix show in the bathroom.
3. Keep your gut healthy! Your gut health affects everything else in your body because it’s where your nutrition and energy come from. Having a healthy gut can help your energy and mood! My poor husband knows very well that a bloated wife is not a happy wife.
4. Expand your palate. There are so many ingredients out there that are dairy or lactose-free and just as tasty! I have learned so much more about food and what I like as I have experimented with vegan alternatives.
5. Stop dreading the effects of food. Food should be delicious (of course!!), but it shouldn’t make you feel like dirt after eating it. The association of pain and discomfort with food shouldn’t be an everyday occurrence.
I don’t know that I convinced you to use these tools in your life, but when you are ready to embrace the lactose-free life, you know where I am! I work hard at these recipes to not only feel good in my life but to help everyone out there in the world looking for solutions.